It sounds like the encoder motor is going out. Here are instruction and diagrams to help you replace it below:
INSTALL OR CONNECT
1. Any gasket material remaining from the motor/encoder.
- New motor/encoder should have a new gasket attached.
2. Four bolts securing the motor/encoder to the transfer case.
- Ensure the motor/encoder aligns properly with the transfer case interior shifting components.
- Align the motor/encoder mating surface detents with the transfer case mating surface detents.
- Tighten motor/encoder bolts to 25 N.M (18 lb ft).
3. Wiring harness connectors to the motor/encoder.
4. Transfer case shield.
5. Negative battery cable.
6. Perform a functional test on the electronic shift select system to test the motor/encoder.
Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, November 17th, 2018 AT 10:27 AM