AC High Port and Low Port location

SEBASTIAN_PERSONAL
  • 2010 FORD FOCUS
My AC has stop working today and I'm trying to trace where the leak is located. I bought a dye at autozone and the instruction said that I need to connect the dye can and the connector to the low port and the rechargeable can (Freon) to the high port. So far no luck of finding the location. Could you please help me find where I can locate those two ports so I can figure out my next step. Thanks you soo. Much for your help.
Sunday, July 12th, 2015 AT 1:44 PM

THAT'S A BIG NEGATIVE!

THE ONLY WAY THIS IS GONNA WORK, IF YOU AIN'T GOT A REAL SET OF GAUGES (AND KNOW HOW TO USE 'EM) IS TO DO YOUR INSTALLATIONS ALL INTO THE LOW SIDE (OR SUCTION SIDE)

BEING THAT IT IS A 2010 MODEL, THE FREON HOSE NEEDED TO INSTALL FREON WILL ONLY FIT ONTO THE LOW SIDE, SO WHEN YOU DO FIND A PORT, IF IT'S THE WRONG ONE, IT WILL NOT SNAP ON

I'LL SEE IF I CAN FIND THE LOCATIONS ON "PRODEMAND", SO SIT TIGHT TILL I POST EITHER GOOD OR BAD NEWS

YOU REALLY NEED SOME SORTA GUIDE TO DO THIS "FILL-UP" SOMEWHAT PROPERLY (NORMALLY MEANING, NOTHING ELSE IS WRONG OTHER THAN LOW ON FREON, AND IT'S NOT 100% EMPTY) OTHERWISE "REAL GAUGES" / A REPAIR/ A VACUUM PUMP WOULD BE NEEDED FOR A DIAGNOSIS AND REFILL

THIS IS THE FIELD EXPEDIENT WAY, AND AT LEAST YOU DO HAVE A GAUGE TO GUIDE YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZrQCGwXfek

ALTHOUGH THIS MAY SEEM A LITTLE PRICEY (DEPENDING ON STORE AND SALES) IT HAS A LARGER AMOUNT OF FREON / THE LONGER STEEL BRAIDED HOSE IS VERY HELPFUL / IT IS MADE STURDIER THAN OTHER BRANDS / THE BEST PART IS YOU CAN USE THE TOP OVER AND OVER WITH THE SMALLER CHEAPER CANS / WHAT A DEAL!

I CAN'T NAME 'EM ALL, BUT THE SMALLER 12 OZ CANS (FREON ONLY) CAN BE FOUND AT STORES LIKE "TARGET" AND "OLLIES" FOR $5-$6 COMPARED TO $15 ON UP AT THE AUTO PARTS STORES. YOU CAN OBTAIN REGULAR TYPE 12 OZ CANS WITH DYE OR STOP LEAK INCLUDED IN 'EM AT AUTO PARTS STORES, MAYBE NO NEED FOR THE "DYE ONLY" CAN

BACK SOON

Sunday, July 12th, 2015 AT 3:24 PM
LOW SIDE PORT IS BELOW YOUR PASSENGER SIDE HEADLAMP

SNATCHING THE HEADLAMP OUT MAY PROVIDE BETTER ACCESS TO IT

JUST 'MEMBER, THERE ARE VISCOUS, MEAN, MOVING PARTS ON THAT 2.0L. YES! 2.0 LITER ENGINE YOU HAVE IN THAT THING (3.0 REALLY THREW ME OFF IN YOUR INFO)

LET'S GO SHORT SLEEVE, NO WATCH, NO PEACE SIGN NECKLACES DANGLING DOWN, FREON HOSE IN THE CLEAR IF YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS IN THERE WHILE IT'S RUNNING

THE WAY FOR YOU TO REMAIN THE SAFEST IS TO HAVE YOUR PAL DO ALL OF THIS! LOL!

KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS!

-1
Sunday, July 12th, 2015 AT 3:57 PM
SEBASTIAN_PERSONAL
Thank you for your help, but unfortunately I did everything the guide said step by step. I use a vacuum and put a dye using the low port. There are no signs of leaks using my UV light. Few days ago I recharge the AC with 2 12oz cans of the Freon using the low port. It work for a while but today the air blow warm air and no feelings of coldness or changing of the air when I turn on to AC. This leads me to try the dye today to see if there is any leaks. As I mentioned above, there is no signs of leaks using my UV light. Please help and thanks.
Sunday, July 12th, 2015 AT 6:01 PM
IT'S REALLY SOUNDING LIKE A LEAK

EZ THINGS TO CHECK MIGHT BE THE LOW AND HIGH SIDE PORTS, THE VALVES MAY NOT BE HOLDING TIGHT, THEY MIGHT LEAK GAS WITHOUT THE OIL GETTING OUT.

LOOK OVER THE CONDENSER, THE LEAK MIGHT BE HIDDEN BY THE FRONT OF THE CAR.

IF THE EVAPORATOR HAS A LEAK, A HALIDE LEAK DETECTOR (PROPANE BOTTLE WITH A SPECIAL TOP ATTACHMENT. THIS USES A SMALL HOSE THAT CAN BE SHOVED INTO VENTS, ETC.) BASICALLY IT'S A CHEAP SYSTEM (MAYBE $40) THAT ASPIRATES AIR/ GASSES UP THE TUBE, AND BURNS THEM IN A SIGHT WINDOW, IF FREON IS PRESENT, THE FLAME WILL TURN GREEN

THERE ARE ALSO ELECTRONIC SNIFFERS, THEY ARE COSTLY, IF IT COMES TO THAT, THE BEST THING TO DO IS LET A PROFESSIONAL WITH THESE TYPE TOOLS LOOK FOR THE LEAK

-1
Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 AT 6:08 PM