Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros.
First, before working on the alternator, disconnect the battery.
Next, the metal frame is actually the mount for the alternator. Here are the directions for replacing it. The attached pictures correlate with these directions.
1. Disconnect battery negative cable from remote negative terminal on shock tower.
2. Unplug field circuit from generator.
imageOpen In New TabZoom/Print
3. Remove the B+ terminal nut and wire.
4. Loosen top mounting ear bolt.
5. Loosen pivot bolt, but do not remove. Be careful not to lose nut.
6. Loosen adjusting bolt on idler to allow removal of the generator drive belt.
7. Remove pivot bolt, do not drop spacer.
8. Remove top mounting ear bolt.
9. Remove upper generator bracket.
10. Remove generator.
- For installation, reverse above procedures. Tighten all fasteners to the proper torque. Refer to the Torque Specifications chart.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, January 5th, 2019 AT 11:31 PM