Nissan Murano ImpulTuned

EEYORE
  • 2011 NISSAN MURANO

One of the car in the service center having brake sequal noise everytime during initial run and noise dissapeared after 30 minutes.

I understand a sport's tuned specification brake pads should be operating normally under at high temperature, but will behave abnormaly under low temperature (brake noise, could be vibrating?).

I want to ask did anyone of you tried to put pencil lead on the brake pad to reduce the noise before? Drill a small holes on the brake pad, and insert the pensil lead (carbon) into the holes. Did it really works?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 AT 4:02 AM

EEYORE

Erm, sorry for the extra confirmation. I don't think the brake pad is a sport's specification (> semi-metallic). It's just ordinary & easily peel-off ceramic, saw-dust & carbon brake pad.

Feel free to correct me though. Thanks.

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 AT 5:46 AM

If it squeals on new pads it needs to be rechecked. Semi metallic will norally squeal ceramic wont. Have rotors been turned have pads been installed with no grease on them?

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 AT 2:15 PM