WHY WONT MY 2007 24 FOOT BOX TRUCK START?(DIESEL)

2011 Isuzu NPR

kmcogar

October, 5, 2011 AT 12:47 PM

I jumped the truck and it seems to have enough power. The battery gauge is reading as if it is charged. (Dual batteries) It has been sitting for probably 3 months.(I know, not a good thing) It is also sitting slightly uphill. When I turn the ignition, it sounds like it wants to turn over but doesn't quite get there. The power dies out. I let it sit for a second power back up. Fuel reads a half tank. HELP! Am I jumping it right? Is it not getting fuel?

hmac300

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:23 PM

We dont have info for this vehicle, but make sure battery cables are positive to positive and negative to negative. Make sure it is the primary battery. Leave it hooked up like that for a bot 5 minutes before you try to start it. From what you are saying it won't turnover. You might check your start relay in your electrical center box. Switch it with alike relay. If it starts then it's probably your relay

Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado