AIR CONDITIONER

2011 Ford Escape

htwt

July, 14, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

I have a 2011 escape and whe the air conditioner has been ruuning for a while and turn to the left I hear a sound like water flowing out of a bottle. I have been told that this could be caused by leaves being suck into the motor. Is this possible and if so what can I do to prevent this? The passenger side floor is moist under the mat.

C.J.

PROTECH1980

July, 15, 2011 AT 12:51 AM

It sounds like the drain tube for the evaporator is plugged, when the ac is running you should notice water dripping from underneath the car, which is normal, if you dont, the drain is probaly plugged and that is why your floormat is wet. Look under the hood against the firewall where the ac lines go in, right in that area will be a little drain tube that sticks out of the firewall, that is the drain, take a piece of wire or something similar and stick it in there to clean out any debris blocking the drain

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Air Condition Condenser Replacement