ODD SMELL WHEN RUNNING CAR WHAT COULD IT BE?

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse

galbingito

July, 12, 2012 AT 5:25 AM

It smells like the cars and outside smells get inside the car through the air conditioner but it happens when I go over 75 mph. Its a gs 4cylinder.

July, 12, 2012 AT 6:00 AM

Check the fresh/recirculating air vent. Check the firewall for any leakages due to bad or dislodged stoppers/sealing plugs.

galbingito

August, 24, 2012 AT 9:52 PM

Thanks how do I check this?

August, 24, 2012 AT 9:59 PM

At the firewall there are grommets for wirings and A/C system. There are alos stoppers for unused holes. Check if any is dislodged or missing.

As to the fresh air/recirculating vents, you would need to perform tests to confirm.

galbingito

September, 25, 2012 AT 6:59 PM

Why do you think the smell that gets inside is coming from? Could it be the friction between something? And why does the smell gets in only when I start going over 80mph?

* the air condioner stops blowing cool air when this happens and when I slow down its starts to blow cools air again.

September, 25, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

If the problem only occurs at high speeds, it can mean the fresh air vent is being forced open to allow external air to get into cabin. When this occurs, it is going to affect the A/C performance.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue