You would need to remove the control panel and remove the bulbs by turning them to unlock and pulling out.
HVAC CONTROL UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
1. Remove the audio unit (see WITHOUT NAVIGATION )
2. Remove the self-tapping screws if necessary, replace the bulbs (A).
3. While holding the HVAC control unit (A), firmly press the center of one of the dials (B) to remove the outer dial Repeat for the other outer dial, then remove the unit
4. Install the control unit in the reverse order of removal. After installation, operate the various functions to make sure they work properly
5. Run the self-diagnostic function to confirm that there are no problems in the system
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations (see COMPONENT LOCATION INDEX ), and the precautions and procedures (see PRECAUTIONS AND PROCEDURES ) before doing repairs or service.
Put on gloves to protect your hands
Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts
Lay a shop towel under the parts when working on them to protect the face panel from scratches or other damage
Eject all the discs before remove the audio unit to prevent damaging the CD player's load mechanism
If you are replacing the audio unit, write down the audio presets (if possible), then enter them into the new audio unit
1. Make sure you have anti-theft codes for the audio system
2. Remove the center console panel and the dashboard center pocket.
3. Remove the driver's inner dashboard trim, and passenger's dashboard trim
4. Remove the self tapping screws and bolts, then pull out the audio unit (A)
5. Disconnect the connectors (B), then remove the audio unit
6. Remove the climate control unit (see CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION )
7. Install the audio unit in the reverse order of removal, and note these items*
Make sure all the connectors and the antenna lead are secure.
Enter the anti-theft codes for the audio system.
Set the clock
Give the new anti-theft codes to the customer if you are replacing the audio unit
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 6:47 PM