Compass on car is not working

BERNSAX
  • 2009 FORD FUSION

This has been a problem for a couple years but it has always corrected itself after a few days. This time it has been a continuous problem for a month.

My digital display reads "COMPASS NO RESPONSE" each time I start the car and that message remains until I hit the reset button. The compass never displays however, the odometer and other functions will display.

I tried to recalibrate the compass according to the manual but each time when following the listed steps after I set the proper zone for my location. Nothing happens when I hit the reset button as the next step in the procedure.

The manual states to drive in a left circle 3 times and the compass will come back. I tried that and it didn't work.

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 AT 8:25 PM

2CARPROS KEN

Yeo this is a common problem with the compass on these cars, it is bad and needs to be replaced.

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 12:42 PM

Other Instrument Cluster Gauge Odometer Not Working Questions