Compass on car is not working

BERNSAX
  • 2009 FORD FUSION
This has been a problem for a couple years but it has always corrected itself after a few days. This time it has been a continuous problem for a month.

My digital display reads "compass no response" each time I start the car and that message remains until I hit the reset button. The compass never displays however, the odometer and other functions will display.

I tried to recalibrate the compass according to the manual but each time when following the listed steps after I set the proper zone for my location. Nothing happens when I hit the reset button as the next step in the procedure.

The manual states to drive in a left circle three times and the compass will come back. I tried that and it did not work.
Thursday, January 17th, 2013 AT 8:25 PM

KEN

The problem is with the satellite radio receiver is going bad, here is a wiring diagrams and the location of the sensor.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+2
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 12:42 PM
CSMOHT
I had this problem it was the radio receiver. The dealer charged me $460.00 I wish I came across this post first.
Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 AT 7:19 PM