CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON,LOST POWER. THE CODE IS P201,P2119

2008 Nissan Frontier

fronty08

December, 28, 2011 AT 3:55 PM

My check engine light came on and I lost power, my truck stayed runing only at idle rpm. I took it to the garage where it then proceded to start up and rev to 4000 rpm the back to idle then back up to 4000 then would sputter and shut off. It gave us the codes P21019(electronic throttle control sensor) and P2119. Any sugestions?

hmac300

December, 28, 2011 AT 4:05 PM

2119 is the electronic actuator- the gas pedal so you have something wrong iwth it not working right. It may need replacing. Once that is fixed then recheck as it make take care of the control sensor.

fronty08

December, 28, 2011 AT 4:28 PM

The other code is a P2101 its like my truck is in a fail safe mode. The new tps is $650 I dnt want to get this and it not be it. Is there any way to reset this. Reason im askin is the battery has been dead for a while and ive jus been jumpin it I dont know if maybe the battery being bad it could cause the tps sensor to go into a fail safe mode

hmac300

December, 28, 2011 AT 5:30 PM

A bad battery will cause problems with a computer system. Fix the battery and have it reset you 'll need a scanner that can do this for that.I fyou don't wan tot fix the vehicle then suffer with poor fuel mileage and poor running conditions. If your state has an emissions test to be done for plates it won't pass.

fronty08

December, 28, 2011 AT 10:26 PM

I mean this happened all of a sudden I took it to get the oil changed and it drove fine started right up. I went to pick it up and the mechanic said he wouldnt move it cause it wouldnt start up. When we start it it will rev up then down then back up and back down and then it will sputter then shut off. Have u ever had or heard of this?

hmac300

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:12 PM

If the battery is bad replace it and have the codes cleared then go from there. Computer systems can cause problem s like you are having.

fronty08

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:23 PM

Ok I will replace and go from there is there anyway to clear with out a scanner. I saw a link on how to reset the ecu?

hmac300

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:25 PM

Nope a scanner has to take it outyou can try the reset as it may reset when you disconnect the battery anyhow.

fronty08

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:30 PM

Ok thank you so much! I will let u know