AC COMPRESSOR STARTS AUTOMATICALLY EVEN IF AC IS OFF.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

muhib_j

August, 29, 2011 AT 6:31 AM

When I start my car and keep for heating, sometimes I hear a noise of trip and compressor starts, and clutch (below the belt) also start rotating.
Is this normal even if AC buttons are oFF in the car.

August, 29, 2011 AT 2:14 PM

This is not normal for your vehicle according to specifications as stated in our database. If the A/C switch is not turned on, the compressor should not engage.

muhib_j

September, 2, 2011 AT 3:28 PM

Thanks for the reponse.
Please let me know how to solve this AC problem.
What checkups do I need to do or what to be replaced.
Regards.

September, 2, 2011 AT 5:26 PM

Is your A/C system manual or automatic control?

muhib_j

September, 13, 2011 AT 8:56 AM

AC system is automatica I guess. Please tell me what to do to sort the problem. Also let me know if it is manual thn wat to do.

September, 13, 2011 AT 12:00 PM

Whether manual or automatic system, the A/C compressor gets its power supply from the A/C compressor relay and there are 3 possibilities for the relay to be energised.

1. Faulty relay. It is self triggering intermittently and contacting to provide power to the compressor. Try swapping out the compressor relay with the fog light relay and see if problem goeas away.

2. A short in the grounding circuit of the compressor relay. You would need to test orange wire for shorting.

3. Faulty PCM. It is grounding the relay intermittently.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX