HIGH PITCHED SOUND WHEN TAKING RIGHT TURNS AFTER PAVEMENT HIT

2008 Infiniti G35

ali_timon

September, 27, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

Hello I drive an infinity g35 2008. I have recently hit my front left and back tire on a pavement and the rims were slightly damaged! I had new rims installed and balanced the car! But now when ever I take a right turn on a straight road moving from lane to lane or even on a turn I hear a high pitched sound and the steering gets harder! This only happens when I take a right turn! Can this be the bearing? What can I do! There is no abs sign appearing! If I drive slow on a right turn the sound is not there but just a shift from lane to lane, the sound appears! Please help!

Much thanks
ali

September, 27, 2012 AT 10:12 PM

Check the steering rack, it could be bent causing the stiff steering. Noise could be from the serpentine belts.

ali_timon

September, 27, 2012 AT 10:28 PM

I have also changed the rods behind the tires on both of them!Thanks for the reply I'll check on that!

September, 28, 2012 AT 6:22 AM

You're welcome.

For teting if it is a bent rack, lift up front of vehicle and with engine off, slowly turn the steering wheel from left to right, noting the effort required. If at any point there seem to be any tightness, that is an indication of a possible bent rack. Try it a few times to reconfirm if it occurs at the same place.

Do not turn the steering too fast or for extended period as fluids could be forced out of the reservoir. Start engine to let the fluids settle after a few tries and you can repeat.

ali_timon

September, 28, 2012 AT 9:17 AM

How do I lift up front of vehicle?

September, 28, 2012 AT 9:22 AM

Use a floor jack or hoist.

ali_timon

September, 28, 2012 AT 9:25 AM

Ok thanks I will try that

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End