This can be a bad ecm but you need a protype tester to really see what is going on, it may be a bad wire that is shorted to ground or a bad connection. It needs the pro tpe so it can test one side the app 2 side of the throttle pedal assy. This is what the tsb says as well.
This┬ condition┬ may┬ be┬ caused┬ by┬ water┬ intrusion┬ into┬ the┬ instrument┬ panel┬ (IP)┬ to┬ body┬ harness┬ connector, ┬ which┬ carries┬ the┬ APP┬ sensor┬ signals┬ to┬ the┬ ECM/PCM.┬ This┬ water┬ intrusion┬ results┬ in┬ a┬ voltage┬ difference┬ between
APP┬ Sensor┬ 1┬ and┬ APP┬ Sensor┬ 2┬ that┬ exceeds┬ a┬ predetermined┬ value┬ for┬ more┬ than┬ a┬ calibrated┬ period┬ of┬ time, ┬ setting┬ P2138.
NOTE: Aftermarket┬ equipment┬ can┬ generate┬ DTC┬ P2138┬ and/or┬ other┬ DTCs.
1. Verify┬ that┬ aftermarket┬ equipment┬ is┬ not┬ electrically┬ connected┬ to┬ any┬ of┬ the┬ APP┬ sensor┬ signal┬ or┬ low┬ reference┬ circuits┬ or┬ to┬ any┬ other┬ ECM/PCM┬ 5V┬ reference┬ or┬ low┬ reference┬ circuits.┬ Refer┬ to┬ Checking┬ Aftermarket
Accessories┬ in┬ SI.
2. Perform┬ the┬ Diagnostic┬ System┬ Check ┬ Vehicle.
3. If┬ any┬ 5V┬ reference┬ DTCs are┬ set, ┬ refer┬ to┬ Diagnostic┬ Trouble┬ Code┬ (DTC)┬ List ┬ Vehicle.
4. If┬ any┬ 5V┬ reference┬ DTCs are┬ not┬ set, ┬ proceed┬ to┬ Step┬ 3.
5. Locate┬ the┬ IP┬ to┬ body┬ harness┬ connector, ┬ which┬ may┬ be┬ located┬ in┬ and┬ around┬ the┬ left┬ hand┬ kick┬ panel┬ area┬ or┬ inside┬ the┬ IP.┬ Depending┬ on┬ the┬ vehicle┬ and┬ model┬ year, ┬ refer┬ to┬ Wiring┬ Systems┬ or┬ Power┬ and┬ Signal
Distribution┬ in┬ SI.
NOTE: Some┬ examples┬ of┬ potential┬ water┬ leaks┬ are:┬ A pillar┬ seals, ┬ sunroof┬ drain┬ lines┬ (if┬ equipped)┬ and┬ windshield/cowl┬ sealing.
6. Inspect┬ for┬ a┬ water┬ leak┬ in┬ the┬ area.┬ If┬ necessary┬ use┬ a┬ water┬ hose┬ to┬ determine┬ the┬ source┬ of┬ the┬ leak.┬ Refer┬ to┬ General┬ Information┬ >┬ Water┬ Leaks┬ in┬ SI.
7. If┬ a┬ water┬ leak┬ is┬ observed, ┬ repair┬ as┬ necessary.┬ Verify┬ the┬ effectiveness┬ of┬ the┬ repair.
8. Inspect┬ the┬ IP┬ to┬ body┬ harness┬ connector┬ terminals┬ for┬ corrosion┬ and┬ debris.┬ Refer┬ to┬ Testing┬ for┬ Intermittent┬ Conditions┬ and┬ Poor┬ Connections┬ in┬ SI.
9. If┬ any┬ corrosion┬ and/or┬ debris┬ is┬ observed, ┬ repair┬ as┬ necessary.
10. After┬ completing┬ the┬ repair, ┬ verify┬ the┬ proper┬ operation┬ of┬ the┬ system.┬ Depending┬ on┬ the┬ vehicle┬ and┬ model┬ year, ┬ perform┬ the┬ Diagnostic┬ Repair┬ Verification┬ procedure┬ or┬ refer┬ to┬ Diagnostic┬ Trouble┬ Code┬ (DTC)┬ List
Vehicle┬ in┬ SI.
This can also be caused by aftermarket stuff being put on car.
Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 1:25 AM