WHAT IS THE REASON OF BURNED FUEL POMP WIRES?

2007 Volkswagen Jetta

enahari71

June, 14, 2012 AT 9:59 AM

Last week I wasn't able to start the engine of my car. My garage told me that the wires of the fuel pomp got burned and I was lucky that my car didn't get into fire. They replaced the burned wires and the fuel pomp inside my car.

I would like to know what caused this problem?

Many thanks!
Mike

Wiring Issue?

June, 14, 2012 AT 12:01 PM

Got shorted out within the wiring harness

enahari71

June, 17, 2012 AT 2:14 PM

1. Can you please explain me in more simplicity what 'shorted out' means within the wiring harness here? And how can it shorting out, since it's a quite a new car?

2. Also wires got burned on it's way to the car's computer board (those were already replaced). But it still says for example that the fuel tank is empty and display shows that temperature outside is -41C. Could it be possible that my A/C blow hot air now, since the car thinks it's very cold outside even though our weather is 30C and hot here? (A/C cold is not working). What could be the problem here? Resetting the car's computer would solve this problem?

Thanks!
Mike

June, 17, 2012 AT 9:48 PM

Shorted out is when the hot wire is touching the ground-the other problems here I suggest you seek further help from an auto electrical shop-

Fuel Pump Replacement
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear