ECM FAILURE

2007 Toyota Camry

lissa43

September, 16, 2013 AT 5:20 PM

I started my car and I had a message that said vsc sytem error. I think my check engine light or the alternator light came on also. My tire pressure is low. Could that be what is wrong? I went to auto zone and they came up with the code p0606 for ecm failure.

Ty Anderson

September, 16, 2013 AT 9:07 PM

This code could be serious! It refers to internal fault within the vehicle's computer. It does self-test to determine correction operation continually.
However, with all the warning lights present I would check the condition of the battery terminals and clamps. Look for looseness (should not be able to move by hand) corrosion (whitish blue green build up around battery terminals), damaged to battery terminals clamp due to corrosion, and electrical connections. If all is good, have the battery tested and charging system tested before condemning the vehicle's computer.

As for the tire pressure light (as long as the tire warning light is not flashing) check and inflate all tires to manufactures specifications. If you have aluminum valve stems on the tires just inflating the tires a little over spec is best (3lbs PSI) if you have rubber valve stems on your tires you'll need to reset manual by pressing and holding the black button on the bottom of the driver side dash with the key on engine off until the warning light flashes 3 times. Hope this helps and let me know, TY