BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
How to remove front half axle from differential.
2007 SUBARU OUTBACK
How to remove front half axle from differential & hub
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 12:44 PM
1. Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
2. Lift-up the vehicle, and remove the front wheels.
3. Drain the transmission gear oil. (MT model)
4. Drain the differential gear oil. (AT model)
5. Lift the crimped section of axle nut.
6. Remove the axle nut using a socket wrench while depressing the brake pedal.
7. Remove the stabilizer link from front arm.
Disconnect the front arm ball joint from the housing.
9. Remove the front drive shaft assembly. If it is hard to remove, use ST1 and ST2.
ST1 926470000 AXLE SHAFT PULLER
ST2 28099PA110 AXLE SHAFT PULLER PLATE
10. Using a bar, remove the front drive shaft from transmission.
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 2:16 PM
Here some diagrams to help out.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 2:17 PM
to post a reply.
Related Differential Axle Questions
1997 Subaru Outback Type Of Oil
Transmission Problem 1997 Subaru Outback 6 Cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 208, 00 Miles I Took My Car In To Have The Front Differential...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.