BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
How to remove front half axle from differential.
2007 SUBARU OUTBACK
How to remove front half axle from differential & hub
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 12:44 PM
1. Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
2. Lift-up the vehicle, and remove the front wheels.
3. Drain the transmission gear oil. (MT model)
4. Drain the differential gear oil. (AT model)
5. Lift the crimped section of axle nut.
6. Remove the axle nut using a socket wrench while depressing the brake pedal.
7. Remove the stabilizer link from front arm.
Disconnect the front arm ball joint from the housing.
9. Remove the front drive shaft assembly. If it is hard to remove, use ST1 and ST2.
ST1 926470000 AXLE SHAFT PULLER
ST2 28099PA110 AXLE SHAFT PULLER PLATE
10. Using a bar, remove the front drive shaft from transmission.
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 2:16 PM
Here some diagrams to help out.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 2:17 PM
to post a reply.
Related Differential Axle Questions
2004 Subaru Outback Transmission
Computer Problem 2004 Subaru Outback 6 Cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 Miles Greetings From Ukraine There Were Problems With...
2005 Subaru Outback Front Hub Bearings
I Am Working On My '05 Subaru Outback Llbean. On The Front Left Wheel, I Have Removed The Tire, Brake Caliper, Spindle Nut, The Brake...
Transmission Of Subaru Impreza 2010 And The Subaru...
Is The Transmission The Same On The Subaru Impreza 2010 And The Subaru Outback 2006
Car As A Rough Idle But The Real Issue Is When Going...
Car As A Rough Idle But The Real Issue Is When Going Between 20 30 Mph A Very Noticeable Shake Shutter To The Car Relaced Front Wheel...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Gear Oil Check
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.