BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
HOW TO REMOVE FRONT HALF AXLE FROM DIFFERENTIAL...
2007 Subaru Outback
How to remove front half axle from differential & hub
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 12:44 PM
1. Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
2. Lift-up the vehicle, and remove the front wheels.
3. Drain the transmission gear oil. (MT model)
4. Drain the differential gear oil. (AT model)
5. Lift the crimped section of axle nut.
6. Remove the axle nut using a socket wrench while depressing the brake pedal.
7. Remove the stabilizer link from front arm.
Disconnect the front arm ball joint from the housing.
9. Remove the front drive shaft assembly. If it is hard to remove, use ST1 and ST2.
ST1 926470000 AXLE SHAFT PULLER
ST2 28099PA110 AXLE SHAFT PULLER PLATE
10. Using a bar, remove the front drive shaft from transmission.
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 2:16 PM
Here some diagrams to help out.
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 AT 2:17 PM
to post a reply.
After I repacked the outer cv joints the driver side drive axle on my 1993 nissan altima backed out enough to disengage. I put it back
Cant Get Rear Drive Axle Out Of Differential
Cant get rear drive axle out of differential
Does A Front Drive Axle Turn If The Transfer ...
I engaged the 4x4 and it was turning
Could Bad Drive Axles Affect Engine Performance
Could bad drive axles affect engine performance if so how, what are the signs
View More DIFFERENTIAL AXLE questions
Found 406 related questions
Can't Get Old Pin Out Of Axle
Front Drive Axle Vacuum Actuator Solenoid Valve?
Cannot Pull Drive Axle
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.