IS THERE A RELAY UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT FOR ...

2007 Saturn Relay

henryr79

October, 29, 2012 AT 1:46 AM

Is there a relay under the passenger seat for the seat heater? I find one under the drivers seat but not the passenger seat. I would like to compare my electrical tests if I could find the one under the passenger seat. The drivers seat heater does not work. Checking for voltage at the relay, I find one wire hot all the time and two that show power after the seat heater switch is turned on, it doesn't matter if it is on low or high, and then there is one other wire that I believe is a ground wire. Does this sound correct? Which wires need to be ohmed to check the heating element out? Everything worked fine until the seat seemed to get extra hot, then it quit working.

October, 29, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

I looked at a saturn vue. It showed a heated seat module, under the passenger seat.

October, 29, 2012 AT 3:44 PM

My bad, I looked at the wrong model. MOD says there is a relay under passenger seat.

henryr79

October, 30, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

I am assuming it should look like what I found under the drivers seat. If so I still have not been able to find. Do my tests so far sound like I am testing this correctly.

October, 30, 2012 AT 3:46 PM

Hope this helps.

October, 30, 2012 AT 3:47 PM

Maybe this will help also?

henryr79

October, 31, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

Thanks a lot for the schematic, could you also post one for the drivers seat? The passenger seat works fine.

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 1:35 AM

Most likely the heated seat element has failed.

October, 31, 2012 AT 3:14 PM

Maybe you can do an ohms test on the heating element?

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 5:00 PM

Actually you can do a ohms test on the heated seat elements. I have mostly done them on the Saturn Vues. You should see 2 ohms or less across the element itself. When they go bad you'll just see it read as open circuit because they burn an open in themselves when they fail. Let me know what you find.

henryr79

November, 1, 2012 AT 2:01 AM

Thanks for the info. It will be a few days before I can do any more testing, I have a home appliance problem now taking priority. I will let you know what I find out whenever I get back to the Saturn.

Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement