IS THERE A RELAY UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT FOR ...

• henryr79
  • 2007 Saturn Relay

Is there a relay under the passenger seat for the seat heater? I find one under the drivers seat but not the passenger seat. I would like to compare my electrical tests if I could find the one under the passenger seat. The drivers seat heater does not work. Checking for voltage at the relay, I find one wire hot all the time and two that show power after the seat heater switch is turned on, it doesn't matter if it is on low or high, and then there is one other wire that I believe is a ground wire. Does this sound correct? Which wires need to be ohmed to check the heating element out? Everything worked fine until the seat seemed to get extra hot, then it quit working.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 1:46 AM

• JDL

I looked at a saturn vue. It showed a heated seat module, under the passenger seat.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 3:38 PM
  • JDL

My bad, I looked at the wrong model. MOD says there is a relay under passenger seat.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 3:44 PM
  • henryr79

I am assuming it should look like what I found under the drivers seat. If so I still have not been able to find. Do my tests so far sound like I am testing this correctly.

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 2:58 AM
  • JDL

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 3:46 PM
  • JDL

Maybe this will help also?

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 3:47 PM
  • henryr79

Thanks a lot for the schematic, could you also post one for the drivers seat? The passenger seat works fine.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 12:54 AM
  • saturntech9

Most likely the heated seat element has failed.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 1:35 AM
  • JDL

Maybe you can do an ohms test on the heating element?

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 3:14 PM
  • saturntech9

Actually you can do a ohms test on the heated seat elements. I have mostly done them on the Saturn Vues. You should see 2 ohms or less across the element itself. When they go bad you'll just see it read as open circuit because they burn an open in themselves when they fail. Let me know what you find.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 5:00 PM
  • henryr79

Thanks for the info. It will be a few days before I can do any more testing, I have a home appliance problem now taking priority. I will let you know what I find out whenever I get back to the Saturn.

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 2:01 AM