Is there a relay under the passenger SEAT for.

HENRYR79
  • 2007 SATURN RELAY

Is there a relay under the passenger seat for the seat heater? I find one under the drivers seat but not the passenger seat. I would like to compare my electrical tests if I could find the one under the passenger seat. The drivers seat heater does not work. Checking for voltage at the relay, I find one wire hot all the time and two that show power after the seat heater switch is turned on, it doesn't matter if it is on low or high, and then there is one other wire that I believe is a ground wire. Does this sound correct? Which wires need to be ohmed to check the heating element out? Everything worked fine until the seat seemed to get extra hot, then it quit working.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 1:46 AM

I looked at a saturn vue. It showed a heated seat module, under the passenger seat.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

My bad, I looked at the wrong model. MOD says there is a relay under passenger seat.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 3:44 PM
HENRYR79

I am assuming it should look like what I found under the drivers seat. If so I still have not been able to find. Do my tests so far sound like I am testing this correctly.

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 3:46 PM

Maybe this will help also?

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 3:47 PM
HENRYR79

Thanks a lot for the schematic, could you also post one for the drivers seat? The passenger seat works fine.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 12:54 AM
SATURNTECH9

Most likely the heated seat element has failed.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 1:35 AM

Maybe you can do an ohms test on the heating element?

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 3:14 PM
SATURNTECH9

Actually you can do a ohms test on the heated seat elements. I have mostly done them on the Saturn Vues. You should see 2 ohms or less across the element itself. When they go bad you'll just see it read as open circuit because they burn an open in themselves when they fail. Let me know what you find.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 5:00 PM
HENRYR79

Thanks for the info. It will be a few days before I can do any more testing, I have a home appliance problem now taking priority. I will let you know what I find out whenever I get back to the Saturn.

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 2:01 AM
SATURNTECH9

Your welcome keep us posted

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 4:39 AM
HENRYR79

JDL, where can I find the schematics that you posted here? I would like to view a broader view.

Saturday, November 24th, 2012 AT 1:12 AM
HENRYR79

I would like to know exactly what wires are for the heating elements. I used a test light checking for power comparing the drivers seat with the passenger seat, even switched the relays. Upon switching the relays, nothing turned up different.
Everything this way showed the same, but still no heat on the drivers side. I then used an ohm meter on the female plugs of both seats and they showed the same, trying to ohm the male side of the connectors for both seats showed nothing. What does the seat thermistor do?

Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 11:01 PM
SATURNTECH9

The thermister is the temp sensor for the heated seat.I cant tell you which wires for the element on the drivers seat since the wire diagram only shows the passenger seat in the diagram. The best thing to do is have the bcm scanned for codes and let me know the exact code numbers not code descriptions. That will lead us in the right direction.A diyer scan tool wont read the body control module.

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 AT 9:55 PM