IM DEALING WITH AN IGNITION SWITCH PROBLEM

2007 Saturn Ion

mslisa2013

March, 28, 2013 AT 4:28 AM

I'm dealing with an ignition switch problem. My car at first was not turning off at all and I took it to carx for repair. They replaced the key tumbler twice not still the new key is acting up. This will be my 5th trip to this place to have them look at it and they still can't fix the problem. I don't know anything about cars and have no clue as to what the problem could be at all. What do you suggest might be the problem?

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

saturntech9

March, 28, 2013 AT 1:50 PM

So the key doesn't turn off?If so where does it stop when trying to turn it off acc?If so I know what's wrong.

mslisa2013

March, 28, 2013 AT 7:25 PM

Yes, that is where the key is stopping. I have to jerk the steering wheel back and forth in order to get it to release.

saturntech9

March, 29, 2013 AT 3:14 AM

Try playing with the shifter button moving the shifter in and out of gear etc and see if the key turns off?There is a micro switch that fails at the base of the shifter when it does the key won't turn off. It controls the solenoid that keeps the key from turning off. They fail often.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide