RESE5T COMPUTER

2007 Saturn Aura

JCDANCERS

December, 20, 2010 AT 7:41 PM

I WANT TO RESET THE OIL CHANGE TO 100% I CHANGED THE OIL AND IT IS NOW AT 4%. I HAVE TRIES EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK

saturntech9

December, 20, 2010 AT 7:45 PM

How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where the oil is changed prior to a CHANGE OIL SOON message being turned on, reset the system.

After changing the engine oil and filter, the system must be reset. To reset the oil life system: 1. Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. With the CHANGE OIL SOON message displayed, press either of the Driver Information Center buttons to clear the message.
3. Display OIL LIFE RESET on the Driver Information Center.
4. Press and hold the INFO button for at least one second. An ACKNOWLEDGED message displays for three seconds or until the next button is pressed. This tells you the system has been reset.
5. Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.

If the CHANGE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

JCDANCERS

December, 21, 2010 AT 3:54 AM

YOU ARE WRONG THE ANSWER IS PRESS THE GAS PEDAL 3 TIMES. WITH THE KEY ON. I TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE. THIS WORKS

saturntech9

December, 22, 2010 AT 1:44 AM

Sorry to have gotten you the wrong info that happens sometimes too many question's to answer not enough time. Hope you and your family has a very happy holiday.