How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where the oil is changed prior to a CHANGE OIL SOON message being turned on, reset the system.
After changing the engine oil and filter, the system must be reset. To reset the oil life system:
1. Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. With the CHANGE OIL SOON message displayed, press either of the Driver Information Center buttons to clear the message.
3. Display OIL LIFE RESET on the Driver Information Center.
4. Press and hold the INFO button for at least one second. An ACKNOWLEDGED message displays for three seconds or until the next button is pressed. This tells you the system has been reset.
5. Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
If the CHANGE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 7:45 PM