BURNING SMELL

2007 Pontiac Torrent

raivin01

January, 31, 2011 AT 9:16 AM

We recently moved overseas and had our car shipped here from the US. When we drive to our house, which is halfway up a small mountain, we smell something from the rear of the vehicle. It is a hot/burning rubber type of smell. The tires are not warm to the touch and I cannot feel anything hot. Is there something at the rear of the vehicle that could cause this smell when going up a steep hill? We bought the car new and we are the original and only owners. We had the oil changed and tires rotated when the vehicle got here since it had been sitting on a ship for over a month. The auto skills shop told us that they have had others bring in vehicles for the same problem, but they haven't been able to diagnose the problem. So I am hesitant to take my vehicle there and pay for labor if they cannot find the problem. I'm worried that if there is a serious problem, I could be causing more damage everyday that I drive the car.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 15, 2011 AT 6:35 PM

There are no specific things or notices that relate to the problem. Check some of the simple things such as: Make sure the brakes are not sticking

Check the exhaust system to make sure nohing has melted (plastic bag, rubber.) I have see where plastic bags have melted to the exhaust and put off an odor.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement