ENGINE

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix

godwolf88

October, 1, 2013 AT 6:31 PM

I have a blown head gasket, so far I have put in two different gasket repair kits in it and still not much has changed. The compression test showed 14.5 out of 15lbs. So I don't believe I have a cracked head. It happen after my water pump went out and my car over heated and cut its self off. I have very little loss of torque and my hp as not changed. I had exhaust smell in the my recovery tank and now it has gone to smelling like gas w no exhaust I'm pulling code p0300 three different times, so what should my next step be? Should I do a tune up for the spark plugs the spark plug wires are brand new and cylinder 3 and 5 plugs have been changed.

saturntech9

October, 1, 2013 AT 6:37 PM

Your Going to have to. Pull the replace. The head gasket Ann d have the head pressure tested.

godwolf88

October, 1, 2013 AT 6:48 PM

Thats what I trying to avoid is replacing it and saving 1300 dollars in repairs. Is there a head gasket sealer out there that actually works?

saturntech9

October, 1, 2013 AT 8:17 PM

None that I know of usual any kind. Of. Stop leaks plugs up. Thinhs. You. Didnt. Want plugged up and doesn't plugup what you want plugged up

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element