DIRECTION OF AIRFLOW FOR CABIN PROBLEM, STUCK IN WINDSHIELD POSITION

2007 Kia Sorento

volkhard

August, 20, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

Kia Sorento 2007 cabin ventilation problem
The dial to direct the airflow rotates, but the airflow does not change and stays and windshield defroster. If I turn the knob to any other position, I hear a clicking noise for about one minute, than it stops. It sounds like a motor/activator is trying to move a distibution valve to a different position but can not. Perhaps the clicking stops, because a thermal protection circuit is protecting the motor/actuator? Perhaps it is a simple as something is stuck in the tube and is restricting movement?

What is the part creating this clicking sound and how do I get to it to check it out?

hmac300

August, 20, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Yup that is what is wrong, it can't move the door. It may be broken off or stuck. You have to remove the heater unit and replace it. You might get lucky and item 7 or 8 are stuck or the screws came out so it won't move.
REPLACEMENT

1. Disconnect the negative ( ) battery terminal.
2. Remove the driver's crash pad lower panel. Refer to CRASH PAD .
3. Disconnect the mode control actuator connector (A) after removing the air duct.
4. Loosen the mounting screws and then remove the mode control actuator (B).

Fig. 41: Identifying Mounting Screws

5. Installation is the reverse order of removal.

Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL