SHAKES WHEN OVER 50MPH

2007 Ford Focus

ego_amor_tu

January, 22, 2012 AT 3:23 AM

Went from driving fine, to shaking a lot once driving over 50mph. Not making any noise though.

ego_amor_tu

January, 22, 2012 AT 3:23 AM

Single female about to make a very long drive home, and terrified too ! !

ProAutoTech

January, 22, 2012 AT 3:38 AM

The first thing I would check is the tires. Do they all have plenty of air? Are they baldind or wearing unevenly? Plenty of tread, even on the insides. Probably the most frequent thing I find when people have this symptom is a tire starting to show cords, or about to blow. It could be many other things, but at least you should be able to check the tires yourself. Let me know how it goes.

ego_amor_tu

January, 22, 2012 AT 3:47 AM

Tires are less then two months old. Appear fine and inflated properly.

fixitmr

January, 22, 2012 AT 3:53 AM

Drive slow?

ego_amor_tu

January, 22, 2012 AT 3:58 AM

Hard to do when you have to drive on an interstate, might have to take back roads I guess.

Any other suggestions?

ProAutoTech

January, 22, 2012 AT 4:02 AM

Maybe the weights came off from when they balanced the tires. Possibly you hit a nasty pothole and bent a rim, or messed allignment up.

fixitmr

January, 22, 2012 AT 4:03 AM

Have someone follow you on multi lane road test and watch tires to see which 1 is shaking.

ProAutoTech

January, 22, 2012 AT 4:06 AM

That's worth a shot I guess. Try to figure out if it's in the front or back too. Shakes and vibrations can resonate throughout the car and be a little decieving as to where they're coming from, buy you can feel it a lot more in the sterring wheel if it comes from the front.

ego_amor_tu

January, 22, 2012 AT 4:07 AM

If theres no shaking, or if there is, Do you think its safe to drive?

ego_amor_tu

January, 22, 2012 AT 4:09 AM

Its not in the steering wheel. From the drivers position it feels like its coming from the front end. From a passenger in the backseat, it felt like it was everywhere, and I think stronger in the back.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma