I HAVE A 07 2

2007 Ford Focus

coastalwelding

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:53 PM

I have a 07 2.0 ltr. I'm having p/s airiation issues. Wife came home about 10000 miles ago and p/s pump was growling like it was low on fluid. The level was ok and no leaks, so I decided to flush the system. It took forever, but I finally

Wiring Issue?

hmac300

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:05 PM

Usually this is caused form using the incorrect fluid. Question isn't specific enough

john grace

December, 29, 2011 AT 4:53 PM

Its abad ps pump it is common for focus

hmac300

December, 29, 2011 AT 5:36 PM

It happens, can't say it's common though. You have a lot of mileage on it so you could expect that especially if you never hcanged the fluid.

coastalwelding

December, 30, 2011 AT 2:23 AM

Well I did figure it out! Ford in there infinite wisdome, put a screen inside the power steering pump housing = none sevicable. I replaced the housing = all is good. Hope this makes someone some money or at least saves some time.

hmac300

December, 30, 2011 AT 4:16 PM

The screen is there ot protectthe pump from particles going in. However the particles may have been smaller and made your pump fail.

coastalwelding

December, 30, 2011 AT 11:50 PM

I understand why a screen/filter would be added into the P/S system, But, why wouldn't manufactuer put it "in line" where it could be replace, And since it is a "filter" why doesnt it get mentioned in the "service" manual? This is not really a question, no need to reply

hmac300

December, 31, 2011 AT 12:00 AM

Parts are manufactured for the cheapest cost, ease of installation and how far they think it will go. If you put it in line it would be 2 clamps plus the filter

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe