I HAVE A 07 2

• coastalwelding
  • 2007 Ford Focus

I have a 07 2.0 ltr. I'm having p/s airiation issues. Wife came home about 10000 miles ago and p/s pump was growling like it was low on fluid. The level was ok and no leaks, so I decided to flush the system. It took forever, but I finally

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 3:53 PM

• hmac300

Usually this is caused form using the incorrect fluid. Question isn't specific enough

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 5:05 PM
  • john grace

Its abad ps pump it is common for focus

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 4:53 PM
  • hmac300

It happens, can't say it's common though. You have a lot of mileage on it so you could expect that especially if you never hcanged the fluid.

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 AT 5:36 PM
  • coastalwelding

Well I did figure it out! Ford in there infinite wisdome, put a screen inside the power steering pump housing = none sevicable. I replaced the housing = all is good. Hope this makes someone some money or at least saves some time.

Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 2:23 AM
  • hmac300

The screen is there ot protectthe pump from particles going in. However the particles may have been smaller and made your pump fail.

Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 4:16 PM
  • coastalwelding

I understand why a screen/filter would be added into the P/S system, But, why wouldn't manufactuer put it "in line" where it could be replace, And since it is a "filter" why doesnt it get mentioned in the "service" manual? This is not really a question, no need to reply

Friday, December 30th, 2011 AT 11:50 PM
  • hmac300

Parts are manufactured for the cheapest cost, ease of installation and how far they think it will go. If you put it in line it would be 2 clamps plus the filter

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 12:00 AM