HELLOI PURCHASED MY 2007 DODGE NITRO NEW AND ...

2007 Dodge Nitro

Rich020561

July, 25, 2011 AT 10:55 PM

I purchased my 2007 Dodge Nitro new and recently I have noticed that I am blowing brake light bulbs. They don't blow at the same time and the fuse never blows. The left side blows within 2-3 days and the right maybe 2- 3 weeks. I cleaned the plug and used dielectric grease, but still no luck. I'm wondering if it could be in the light bulb socket strip?

Richard

July, 26, 2011 AT 12:19 PM

I believe it is more likely to be the quality of the brake bulbs used. If you are not using OEM bulbs, try getting some higher quality bulbs from known brands suxh Philips and retest.

Rich020561

July, 27, 2011 AT 8:42 PM

Did that! I also notice that after pulling the failed bulb(s) out there is a burn mark on oen of the wire leads to the bulb.

July, 28, 2011 AT 5:57 AM

If the burn mark is away from the socket, it could be a shorting near it or the wire has some internal breakages and is heating up.

If the burn mark is coming out of the socket, it means the contact is poor and heating up or the bulb is not of the correct ratings.

csn7203

I had the same issue with my 2008. I ended up having the whole circuit board replaced. It was less than 50$. And so far so good going on a month now.

ProAutoTech

January, 14, 2012 AT 5:43 AM

If you cn't figure it out quickly, try LED bulbs. They are more resistand to this issue as they draw less amperage.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit