Ignition

MATTHEW EDWARDS
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
How to replace ignition switch on a 2007 dodge caliber
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 AT 12:33 AM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Remove air cleaner fresh air duct.
Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable at battery,
Remove upper and lower steering column shrouds,
Remove steering column opening cover.
Remove the screw (2) that secures the right multi-function switch (1) to the mounting bracket integral to the right side of the clockspring (3) on the steering column.

Slide the switch away from the clockspring far enough to disengage the slide tab on the bottom of the switch housing from the channel formation in the mounting bracket.
Position the multi-function switch aside.
Position steering column to the full down position.
Position ignition key to the RUN position.
Remove screw (1) fastening the SKREEM/WCM (2) to the lock cylinder housing (3).

Unhook the SKREEM/WCM (2) retainer fingers from the lock cylinder housing (3) and position the SKREEM/WCM (2) back on the lock cylinder housing (3).
Insert an appropriate tool into the slot (1) formed into the lock cylinder housing.

Depress the key cylinder retaining tab.
Pull key cylinder (3) and key (2) straight out of the lock cylinder housing as one unit.

To install:

Place actuator in the lock cylinder housing to the RUN position (if not already there).
Insert key into key cylinder and turn key cylinder to the RUN position.
Align the retaining tab on the key cylinder with the slot in the top of the lock cylinder housing.
Slide key cylinder into the lock cylinder housing until key cylinder retaining tab locks the cylinder into place.
Rotate key back and forth (OFF to START), then remove and reinstall it, making sure key cylinder and lock cylinder housing operate properly.
Slide the ring of SKREEM/WCM over lock cylinder housing and engage the retainer fingers in the recesses formed on the lock cylinder housing.
Install screw fastening the SKREEM/WCM to lock cylinder housing. Tighten screw to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
Install and tighten the screw that secures the mounting tab on the back of the right multi-function switch to the mounting bracket on the clockspring.
Install steering column opening cover,
Install upper and lower steering column shrouds,
Install air cleaner fresh air duct and connect negative battery cable at battery,
Check operation of all steering column mounted components.
+1
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 5:54 AM
GILESFRANCISCO
Hello Mat,
I am following these directions but I got stuck in the final step to remove the lock. I think I found the slot but I have not found a suitable tool. I am trying with a tiny screwdriver that fits into the slot but when I push down I cannot feel any tab moving down. Is the tool I am using correct? How hard should I try to depress the tab? Thanks.
Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 AT 1:12 PM