ABS LIGHT

2007 Dodge Caliber

d_rob

August, 16, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

My ABS light is on what can cause tht? It was a winding noise and it shimmies when you get above 55

caradiodoc

August, 16, 2011 AT 12:25 AM

There will be a diagnostic fault code stored in the ABS Computer that will lead to the circuit or system that needs to be diagnosed. The shimmy could be as simple as an out-of-balance wheel, a bent wheel, or a broken tire belt.

d_rob

August, 16, 2011 AT 12:32 AM

It didnt shimmy any till I put the wheel bearings in. Is it possible that the wheel bearing can set off the ABS light and cause it to shimmy?

caradiodoc

August, 16, 2011 AT 12:52 AM

The two, at first, appear to be unrelated because the wheel speed sensor is built into the bearing assembly. It's unlikely the whole hub assembly is wobbling. It's more likely the shimmy is being caused by the rotor not being mounted flush to the hub. A common cause of that is built-up rust spots on the back of the rotor that correspond to the access holes in the hub. If those spots aren't scraped off, they will sit between the rotor and hub and hold it and the wheel crooked. You'll see the tire move sideways as you rotate it with the front end jacked up.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz