E-BRAKE

2007 Chrysler 300

boomerbrian

June, 16, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

2007 Chrysler 300 - how do I adjust the e-brake? I have discs on the rear and if it were drums I'd be home free. Help Thanks!

June, 16, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

Get a repair manual. Try adjusting thru the equalizer

PARKING BRAKE

This vehicle uses drum-in-hat style parking brakes at each rear wheel. The system is actuated using a foot-operated mechanism and three parking brake cables.
The SRT8 uses the same parking brake system as other models. The rear parking brake cables (and the knuckle) have been modified at the knuckle mounting bracket to clear the larger rear axle half shaft.

boomerbrian

June, 17, 2011 AT 2:41 AM

I am doing this as a favor to my father in-law. I've never worked on rear disc brakes but today did remove the calipers to see how the pads were. They were in great shape but when I set the e-brake and put the car in gear it did not hold when I applied the accelerator. From what I see there is a cable running from the foot mech to a Y type connector where it splits to each rotor. Could there be an adjustment there? I didn't try to remove the rotors. Are they hard to remove and can the e-brake adjustment be done there? Thanks for the help. Boomer.

boomerbrian

June, 17, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

I just re-read and think by re-reading it answered one of my questions - when you say the equalizer are you speaking of the Y connection (for lack of better words)?

Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear