2007 CHRYSLER 300 E-BRAKE

• boomerbrian
  • 2007 Chrysler 300
  • manual

2007 Chrysler 300 - how do I adjust the e-brake? I have discs on the rear and if it were drums I'd be home free. Help Thanks!

Thursday, June 16th, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

• rasmataz

Get a repair manual. Try adjusting thru the equalizer

PARKING BRAKE

This vehicle uses drum-in-hat style parking brakes at each rear wheel. The system is actuated using a foot-operated mechanism and three parking brake cables.
The SRT8 uses the same parking brake system as other models. The rear parking brake cables (and the knuckle) have been modified at the knuckle mounting bracket to clear the larger rear axle half shaft.

Thursday, June 16th, 2011 AT 11:10 PM
  • boomerbrian

I am doing this as a favor to my father in-law. I've never worked on rear disc brakes but today did remove the calipers to see how the pads were. They were in great shape but when I set the e-brake and put the car in gear it did not hold when I applied the accelerator. From what I see there is a cable running from the foot mech to a Y type connector where it splits to each rotor. Could there be an adjustment there? I didn't try to remove the rotors. Are they hard to remove and can the e-brake adjustment be done there? Thanks for the help. Boomer.

Friday, June 17th, 2011 AT 2:41 AM
  • boomerbrian

I just re-read and think by re-reading it answered one of my questions - when you say the equalizer are you speaking of the Y connection (for lack of better words)?

Friday, June 17th, 2011 AT 2:44 AM