I ALSO THOUGHT I HAD A BAD BATTERY SO I PUT A ...

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Anonymous

February, 19, 2013 AT 1:52 AM

I also thought I had a bad battery so I put a new one in. Same problem just like I have a dead battery. I opened the hood tried to wiggle the cables they are tight but when I grab the negative cable the car lights up and starts. Bad cable or wiring?

caradiodoc

February, 19, 2013 AT 2:02 AM

If you can get it to act up again, don't wiggle anything. Try to keep it in the bad state so there's a defect to find. Use a test light with the ground clip on the positive battery post, then probe the negative side. Unfortunately GM made diagnosis difficult with their side post batteries. You may find voltage on the negative bolt head but that doesn't connect directly to the battery's terminal. Move the test light's probe to the engine block. If it lights up there, move it to a paint-free point on the body. If there's no voltage there, check the smaller negative wire that bolts to the body. In this case a test light will be much more accurate than a digital voltmeter.

Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini