I HAVE A 2007 AUDI TT 32 QUATTRO ONLY 25

2007 Audi TT

Anonymous

April, 9, 2013 AT 8:38 PM

I have a 2007 audi TT 3, 2 quattro only 25.000 miles on it, Audi Dealer told me I need change brake fluid & steering fluid, Do you think its necessary to change it? I know my car is 6 years old car but it only have 25.000 miles on it.

caradiodoc

April, 9, 2013 AT 11:36 PM

All manufacturers recommend replacing the brake fluid periodically but almost no one does it until something rusts out and causes a leak or other parts need to be replaced. Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air through the porous rubber hoses and other seals. That lowers the boiling point leading to one form of brake fade and it promotes corrosion of metal parts.

Power steering fluid normally lasts the life of the car unless Audi has a common problem I'm not aware of. That fluid is hydraulic oil that does not have additives that wear out like in engine coolant or oil.

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX