STALE WATER SMELL IN CAR,

2007 Audi A3

mwsparks

March, 4, 2012 AT 6:58 PM

I have checked all normal places ie carpets, seats, boot well, behind lights in rear of car. Are their any pockets in the front where water can sit notice water sits on plastic wiper cover then filters down towards engine bay is there any access to the centre console from their on in as I am unable to see any further apart from taking out washer jets.

March, 4, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

If there are any leaks into the vehicle from outside, the carpets should be wet and since it smells, it should be a rather bad eak. Since you are not able to find anything under the carpets, the only other place water can accumulate within the vehicle would be the A/C evaporator housing.

There is a drain hose at the firewall for draining the evaporator condensaton water. Ensure it is not clogged.

mwsparks

March, 4, 2012 AT 8:45 PM

All carpers are dry we have taken it to the garage who have treated the ac with a anti bacteria treatment but two days later the smell is still present.

Where snouts is the evaporator compartment on a Audi a3 57 plate

March, 4, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

It is at the lowest point of the evaporator housing. You should be able to feel it from under the dash.

mwsparks

March, 4, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

Is it easily accessible from drivers side or passenger side?

Thank you for the help with five it a go tomorrow

March, 4, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

Passenger side would be easier as it is towards the center but accessibility is not too easy as space is rather tight. Getting at it from under vehicle would be easier.

Dynamat Door Installation
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Blend Door Actuator Replacement