I WANTED TO DROP MY TL 2

2007 Acura TL

KVL:AcuraTL#07

January, 30, 2013 AT 1:58 AM

I wanted to drop my TL 2.5 inches and I wanted to know how much that would roughly cost?

Wiring Issue?

caradiodoc

January, 30, 2013 AT 2:10 AM

First of all, we don't get involved with costs here because there's way too many variables. Second, as a suspension and alignment expert, I would never help anyone alter ride height on any vehicle. We get pretty picky about correcting ride height that's off just a little before we will take your money for an alignment. If ride height is wrong, we know we can't give you the results you want. Besides the obvious looking stupid, you will degrade the braking and handling performance along with the comfort. If the car could have been lowered safely, the manufacturer would have done it.

Lawyers and insurance investigators love to find modifications like this. They will convince a jury that you were partly at fault for the crash when the other guy ran the red light because you were less able to avoid it, and they will be right.

I spent a lot of hours in my Suspension and Alignment classes in a community college discussing suspension geometry and what it has to do to maintain proper tire wear and handling. These were mostly young adults, many of whom wanted to alter the ride height of their cars and trucks. Once they learned what the consequences would be, no one wanted to do it. You should be thankful Honda put a lot of effort into building you a nice car. Why ruin it?

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz