Rear window problem

THEDARKKNIGHT1
  • 2007 ACURA MDX
  • AWD
My wife went to roll down both rear windows from the driver's master switch and they will not roll down. When she depresses the buttons for the rear windows, she hears a clicking noise and nothing happens. I check the fuses in the fuse box by the driver's kick panel and they all seemed good. I do not know if there are other fuses or relays I can check. I think it may be electrical because neither of the window buttons in the rear doors are lit at night. What other fuses or relays can I check/change to get the windows working again and where are there locations? Also important is the fact that they were working a few days ago and just quit.
Thursday, March 12th, 2015 AT 5:36 AM

Pic shows all fuses for windows it may be a mcs unit in switch so have it scanned for codes a pro will have to do it. Also check ground behind left kick panel. It may be the relay and fuse 24&25 as they supply to rear.
-1
Thursday, March 12th, 2015 AT 5:53 AM
THEDARKKNIGHT1
"it may be a mcs unit in switch so have it scanned for codes a pro will have to do it"

What is an "MCS unit" and which switch are you referring to? The master switch?
Thursday, March 12th, 2015 AT 7:07 AM
There are two mcs units one in master switch as well as passenger side front door. You could check the fuses I mentioned which in the diagram points them out. I kind of doubt it's the relay however due to the front windows working. However you can try to do a reset and that may make the rear windows work. See pics. It's important in step 4 to do within 5 seconds of each other.
+1
Thursday, March 12th, 2015 AT 8:14 AM
THEDARKKNIGHT1
Okay,

I checked the fuses and they were good. I ran the reset procedure and was able to confirm the procedure did reset the switch. I still get a clicking noise from both rear doors and the windows still do not work, what's next?
Thursday, March 12th, 2015 AT 2:45 PM
The only thing I can think of is that either the cable has broken in the rear windows or the clips that hold the window to go up and down have broken but you need to pull the door panel off to look and see this. Pic shows drawing. There is a tsb on this- service bulletin 10-1014 and it deals with window tinting causing part of the problem but eh door panel has to be removed and see if channels are pinched so you can watch what is happening. I can't copy the whole thing on what to do so it will come in several pics. The grease listed is p/n 08798-9013 but that is a dealer part and I'm sure it will cost a bundle you can try a good spray white lithium grease at auto parts. Otherwise have apro look at it. If the channel is indeed pinched you can try to open it up with a piece of nylon stick or similar device like a screwdriver but be careful with it. Otherwise have a local pro or dealer take a peek at it.
-2
Thursday, March 12th, 2015 AT 3:53 PM
DAN DAVIE
Hello! I have the exact same problem. Fuses seem fine, did you ever find an answer? Thanks! - Dan
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 AT 5:32 PM
KEN

They never got back to us on the fix but nine times out of ten on this kind of problem it the main switch. What happens is the contacts get worn and stop working correctly. Here is a full wiring diagram and a couple of guides to help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/electric-window-repair

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us.

Best, Ken

Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 10:34 AM
DAN DAVIE
Problem solved! It was the wiring harness that goes between the car body and out to the driver door. Easy fast fix and only about 30 bucks.
+2
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 10:54 AM
KEN
Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 10:59 AM