MY TRUCK STALLS AND BUCK INTERMITTENTLY

2006 Toyota Tacoma

dano7r70

July, 13, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

I drive a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 2.7, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. My truck stalls and bucks intermittently. I notice that the needles on the guages will die and the truck will lose power for 1 to 10 seconds most of the time. When this happens, I discovered that if I unlock the wheel adjustment lever and move the wheel up and down, I regain power almost immediately most of the time.

Sometimes I will lose power for a minute or so. At this time all guages are dark. When the guages are illuminated I am able to start my truck. I failed to mention the engine light is not on, all that comes on is the airbag light for about 5 seconds. The service engine soon light is on, a long time before I had this issue with my truck. Toyota has a recall on the spiral cable. Do you think this issue is related or is it something else?

saturntech9

July, 13, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

Sounds like a loose wire to the ignition. When you say sprial cable are you talking about the air bag wires?

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8