RAV 4 BURNING OIL QUESTION

2006 Toyota Rav4

Mon B

Hi I have a 2006 Toyota Rav 4. At around 94,000km I noticed the oil pressure warning light coming on and off when I step on the brake. It's not on all the time. When I took it to the Toyota dealer they said the engine has no oil. No leaks whatsoever. They said I over run it by 4,000km from the recommended change oil interval.

Thus my first question, is that true? That if you run it longer than the recommended mileage it will ran out of oil? I've had corollas and camry before and even if I overrun it by 5,000kms I've never had one that "lost" the oil in the engine. It was dark and dirty but there is still oil in it. By the way I live in Ontario, Canada.

They said at that time, no engine damage was noted. 4,000+ kms after I checked my oil and it was below the "low" limit. Is it now burning the oil? If yes, will that cost a lot to fix? Or can I just add oil every 3,000 kms, if that's the case will the car last for another 3-5 years?

98 Leaking/burning Oil

Uses Oil

Do you hear any type of engine knocking noises? Oil light coming on and off bcuz not enough oil probably -

Get an oil/filter change

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearing.

Crankcase Ventilation System
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015