CODE PO204

• Marandaj
  • 2006 Saturn Vue

I first got code po304, Replaced spark plugs and found a break in the wiring so I fixed that. Now I am getting code po204. I swapped the #4 fuel injector with the #3 one to see if the code moved and it didnt. I am still getting code PO204 so Im assuming not fuel injector. What could be causing this code?

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 AT 9:29 PM

• KHLow2008

Since you hae swapped the injectors and codes remain same, you need to be checking the wire harness. Ensure the connector is secure and test for breaks in the wire.

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 AT 9:44 PM
  • Marandaj

Would the wiring be the wiring be the ONLY other cause besides the injector. I did find one break and fixed it. Should I be looking for more breaks then? Would anything else cause this code?

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 AT 10:04 PM
  • KHLow2008

This is an electical fault and it involves the injector, its wiring and the PCM (engine computer).

If you have one break, you could have others because aged wires do become brittle over time and any movement can cause internal breaks. As problem was not there prior to spark plug replacement, I would say the probability lies with the injector wires around the injector connector.

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 AT 10:11 PM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this one. What engine do you have in the vue?

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 AT 10:40 PM
  • Marandaj

Its a 2.2, 4 cyl, With manual transmission. We had to replace the clutch two weeks ago and the SES light started flshing right afterwards. We were finally able to get it on a scanner that could pull the codes.

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 AT 11:31 PM
  • saturntech9

Are you sure you didn't pinch any wires putting the transmission back in?

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 2:12 AM
  • Marandaj

To my knowledge my husband has rechecked and rechecked again all conections to the transmission and there are none loose or pinched. This was actually where we looked first before we where able to get any codes.

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 1:26 PM
  • saturntech9

The code wernt there before the repair something happened during the repair to cause this. If you clear the code does it come right back?

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 3:22 PM
  • Marandaj

No, the codes where not there before we had to fix the clutch. I did have to drive the car home in first gear (less than 5 miles) when the clutch went out though. However the SES light did not come on untill after we fixed the clutch and drove the car about 5 miles. When we cleared the po304 code we then got the po204 code and yes when we clear that code it comes back on.

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 4:00 PM
  • KHLow2008

Most probably you have a break in the wire between the # 4 injector injector and PCM or power suply. Disconnect the connector and test for battery voltage at the terminals. At least one wire must have battery voltage when ignition switch is turned on.

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 5:10 PM