RED LINE LOSS OF POWER STEERING

2006 Saturn Ion

debb

November, 19, 2011 AT 3:41 PM

After driving approx 45 min. Power steering light comes on and power steering is lost. It's happened the last two times driving long distance. No issues with daily driving to work. If repairs are needed also looking for recommended place to go near Perryville, Md or Maple Shade, NJ

fixitmr

November, 19, 2011 AT 4:37 PM

It's under GOVERNMENT investigation.

fixitmr

November, 19, 2011 AT 4:56 PM

There are recalls on many Saturn for steering issues. Call GM dealer; ask if yours is covered. Check fuses/connections/wires. Power steering motor switch cuts off when overloaded until the power steering motor cools. This switch and module come in one unit and can be installed in about 1hr.

saturntech9

November, 19, 2011 AT 7:12 PM

Just to add to this one I think that power steering motor has a recall and will be replaced for free at the dealer I will look it up for you.

saturntech9

November, 19, 2011 AT 8:58 PM

Yes there is special coverage for the steering on that car depending on the last 8 of the vin. What is the last 8 of the vin?The coverage goes 10yrs from the cars in service dat meaning when it was first bought at the dealer. Or 100,000 miles which ever comes first.

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer