2006 SATURN ION RED LINE LOSS OF POWER STEERING

• debb
  • 2006 Saturn Ion

After driving approx 45 min. Power steering light comes on and power steering is lost. It's happened the last two times driving long distance. No issues with daily driving to work. If repairs are needed also looking for recommended place to go near Perryville, Md or Maple Shade, NJ

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 3:41 PM

• fixitmr

It's under GOVERNMENT investigation.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 4:37 PM
  • fixitmr

There are recalls on many Saturn for steering issues. Call GM dealer;ask if yours is covered. Check fuses/connections/wires. Power steering motor switch cuts off when overloaded until the power steering motor cools. This switch and module come in one unit and can be installed in about 1hr.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 4:56 PM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this one I think that power steering motor has a recall and will be replaced for free at the dealer I will look it up for you.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 7:12 PM
  • saturntech9

Yes there is special coverage for the steering on that car depending on the last 8 of the vin. What is the last 8 of the vin?The coverage goes 10yrs from the cars in service dat meaning when it was first bought at the dealer. Or 100,000 miles which ever comes first.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 8:58 PM