STRANGE SOUND WHEN ACCELERATING

2006 Saturn Ion

DaneenGareau

March, 19, 2012 AT 8:21 PM

2006 SATURN ION. WHEN I ACCELERATE TO 20MPH AND ABOVE IT SOUND AS THOUGH MY ENGINE IS REVVING. AS MY SPEED INCREASES THE SOUND IS LOUDER. ALMOST REMINDS ME OF A RACECAR SOUND. ANY IDEAS WHAT THE ISSUE COULD THIS BE AND WHAT IS THE APPROX COST TO REPAIR?

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Automatic or manual transmission?

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

If it's auto then sounds like trans is not shifting into higher gear. Is CEL on?

saturntech9

March, 19, 2012 AT 10:32 PM

Just to add to this one sounds like it could be a slippig transmission. If you let up on the gas will it shift?

DaneenGareau

March, 20, 2012 AT 5:59 PM

It's an automatic. Not sure what a CEL is. No it will not shift at 20MPH. I Was told it may possibly be a sensor? Plus realized that the transmission fluid cap was dry around the threads, was told it supposed to be wet. So I may be out or near out of tranny fluid. Oy. Thank you for your direction gentlemen.I do appreciate your imput. She is now in the hands of my trusty mechanic.

saturntech9

March, 21, 2012 AT 1:48 AM

Cel light is your check engine light never heard the transmission fill cap threads had to be wet. If you were that low on fluid you would see a fluid leak. Please let us know what you find.