FRONT END HUMMING NOISE

2006 Pontiac Torrent

elcadreau

July, 25, 2011 AT 5:07 PM

I have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent. Currently, there is a weird humming noise coming from the front end. I've had the wheel bearings replaced, new tires, new brakes and rotors as well. About a month ago, my ABS would kick in at around 5-7mph. Had the speed sensor replaced, which fixed that. After that, the humming noise started. There is a very, VERY subtle vibration that is happening. The car isn't pulling in any direction, steering is fine. Any idea as to what it could be? It almost sounds like something is rubbing against something else to make the sound. It winds up with speed, becomes louder and the pitch changes, and when I slow down, it winds down. No sound changes with gear changes or when I press on the brakes.

FYI. This car has been nothing but problems. I had the mode door for the heat replaced over the winter. And the battery just randomly died, so I had to replace that too.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

fixitmr

October, 20, 2011 AT 5:44 AM

Did ya find it yet? Any other problems since you posted this?

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class