P014 CODE ERROR

2006 Pontiac G6

bmills1202

July, 25, 2012 AT 4:25 PM

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 and I am getting a p014 code error. I have replaced the camshaft sensor - EXH position that was giving the error and switched to 5w30 synthetic oil in case issue was with the oil viscosity. Still have the CEL on for same issue. Should I replace the intake sensor position also? Car shifts hard.

Docfixit

July, 25, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

P0014 is performance fault in CMP actuator solinoid. Most common problem maybe low oil pressure or debris in actuator screen. Check out and clean see diagram

bmills1202

July, 25, 2012 AT 4:49 PM

Thanks but if I recall from installing the sensor it did not have a screen, it was plastic (picture attached). I will still try to clean, but any recommendations on how or what to use to not damage the sensor?

July, 25, 2012 AT 10:49 PM

Sensor damage is a result of sludge in the oil system from lack of proper service intervals. The oil system, including the pan and pick up need to be flushed out to prevent future failure.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015