SO I BOUGHT A NISSAN MAXIMA

2006 Nissan Maxima

daneliaarriaga

September, 13, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

So I bought a Nissan Maxima. The mecanic told me that he would put in a new engine and today I find out that the engine is not new. It. Has low miles. I am very upset since I have emails were he is telling me that I would be getting a new engine with zero miles. Does anyone know what I can do since he didnt do what he was supposed too.

saturntech9

September, 13, 2012 AT 11:06 PM

There is a small claims court?

daneliaarriaga

September, 13, 2012 AT 11:28 PM

I also forgot to mention. When I drove it off the engine light came on.I took it back and they replaced the oxygen sensor. The next day I had to take it back and they had to replaced the second oxygen sensor and fix a heat shield. Im so upset I know I bought a used car but I didnt think it was going to have this problems so soon.

September, 14, 2012 AT 2:49 AM

Its a used car. When major work is done, there are bound to be little issues that pop up just as if you had a heart transplant, you would have several follow up visits.

As far as the promise, you need to persue it. I would try to make a deal and get refunded partial amount since it is a used engine, as you say.

How did you determine this to start with?

daneliaarriaga

September, 14, 2012 AT 3:03 AM

Today when picked the car at the shop.I asked the mecanic why the engine light came on if it was a new engine and thats when he said it wasn't a new enginne that had low miles.

September, 14, 2012 AT 10:59 AM

Once again, you need to address this with the owner. New engine means the basic engine, all the accessories are from your old motor and those pieces can fail at anytime

daneliaarriaga

September, 18, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

Should I file small claims? It has been 7 days since I asked the mechanic to tell me how many miles the engine has and he hasn't been able to provide me this information. I want to give him the car back and get my down payment. Would this be possible?

saturntech9

September, 18, 2012 AT 6:05 PM

I would sit down with the owner and have a talk with him and tell him how you feel and see what he says. But you better get going time is slipping by.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Corolla
Air Filter Replacement
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota