I HAVE A 2006

2006 Kia Optima

lindayoung1

November, 13, 2012 AT 3:17 AM

I have a 2006.5 Kia Optima LX that recently went in for repairs on the shift cable. I now have the dealer calling to tell me that the Shift housing needs to be replaced because that is broken as well and that this repair will cost me around $600.00. When they took the Shift cable out, would they not have noticed the Shift housing needs to be replaced as well? Why would they all of a sudden see this the day they are installing the new shift cable? Why wouldn't this be covered under the warranty?

saturntech9

November, 13, 2012 AT 4:21 AM

Is this a manual transmission or automatic transmission?Are you talking about the inside shifter thats broken?Also your bumper to bumper warranty goes that many years and miles?

lindayoung1

November, 13, 2012 AT 5:31 AM

Its automatic transmission. I have a 100,000 mile, 10 year warranty. This cable was a recall that I didn't receive notice on when I moved. All they said was they had to now change the shift housing which will cost over $360 for the part.

saturntech9

November, 13, 2012 AT 10:51 AM

Thats really strange they removed the cable and didnt notice the housing was broken at that time I would ask them why they didntnotice it while removing the cable. But noticed it while installing the new cable?Also thats a bumper to bumper warranty 10yrs or a 100,000 miles?Meaning it covers the whole car for manufacturer defects like when you first bought the car?Not just the powertrain warranty like transmission and engine?Also ask them if its the inside shifter thats broken?

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement