EMISSIONS WARNING LIGHT

• Dm50654
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD

While exiting the highway, I noticed the car start to ride ruff when giving it gas, not responding as it did before. Then the emissions light flashed on, then off and back on againj repeating. It also started making a loud clicking sound around the timing belt area. It is a v6 3.0 vtech and just had the timing belt replaced few weeks ago. Any idea what this is, could it be related to timing belt or fuel pump maybe?

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

• Hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 11:27 PM
  • Dm50654

Is it safe to drive about 15 miles to the mechanic, or should I have it towed. The way it sounds, I am afraid to cause more damage. I have heard it may be a c02 sensor, but would that make the loud noise I am hearing from the engine?

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 11:31 PM
  • Hmac300

It may be an exaust leak, if the belt breaks it was more than likely form improper install and the mechanic should be liable. I can't hear it so I cant really suggest what to do

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 11:33 PM
  • Dm50654

Ok, the only way to describe it is a loud knocking sound on the top of the engine. I guess the safe thing to do is tow it back to the auto mechanic that did the timing belt and hope it is something minor. Thanks for your help

Saturday, March 10th, 2012 AT 11:49 PM