LOCATION OF THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR IN 2006 ENVOY DENALI

• teschofield
  • 2006 GMC Envoy

Check engine light on
took car to Auto Zone and they said the code P0121 is the throttle position sensor
car skips or bucks from time to time while driving

Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

It is on the throttle body.

Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 6:09 PM
  • Wrenchtech

This truck has a "drive by wire" system and the TPS is internal to the electronic throttle body assembly and is replaced as a complete unit. You are looking at a job, probably well over $500 and it will require some sophisticated diagnosis to confirm if that's what it really needs.

Sunday, October 16th, 2011 AT 6:30 PM
  • darrenvertrees

Wrenchtech I will have to say that I do not agree at all, the ac delco part can be purchased on ebay for around 130 and can be installed in fifteen minutes, im glad I dont run my shop how you described this, I can sleep at night and I wouldnt charge anything over $200 for this simple procedure including the learning procedure for the new TB

+2
Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 3:44 AM
  • Wrenchtech

Well, Darren, you keep buying your parts on E-bay. That should work out real well for you. Since this question is a year old, I expect this problem got resolved without your bad advice.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 9:43 AM