CARS ENGINE MANAGEMENT FUSE #9

2006 Ford Focus

ShadowFocus

May, 14, 2014 AT 4:41 PM

My girlfriend was driving and at a red light while stopped, the car just shut off. The steering wheel got stiff, as well as the gear shifter, she said she couldn't move it to neutral or park. Finally getting it into neutral, she got assistance in moving the car to gas station passed the light. From there she called the dealership (used car dealership) and the sales man went to see what he could do. The fuse #9 (engine management fuse) was blown, so he changed it. When they tried to turn on the car the fuse blew again. I had to get it towed to her friends house near by.
It does not start, when we turn the key it makes no noise. Just the instrument panel lights up, the mileage reads ;

I have been told by friends that it could be the Starter (not what I think) because it died at a light.
Alternator
Wires
Or fuel pump.
I am not sure please advise

hmac300

May, 15, 2014 AT 5:57 AM

Try resetting the security system if not manual look online on how to do it. That particular fuse goes to the pcm and idle air control. Best to have this checked by a pro to see if wire is shorted or pcm has gone bad or a bad iac.