LOCATION OF CTM

2006 Dodge Durango

jackgtrs

March, 18, 2012 AT 6:52 PM

I am trying to find the location of the CTM in my vehicle and what does it look like

Wiring Issue?

March, 18, 2012 AT 6:59 PM

You sure its not the PCM ( powertain control module ) your looking for intead of this CTM what does it suppose to do?

jackgtrs

March, 18, 2012 AT 7:01 PM

CTM (central timers module)controls the interior lights that will not turn off in my Durango. I have been told that All I may need to do is unseat it and reinstall it and the lights will work again. I dont know where to look and what it looks like

caradiodoc

March, 18, 2012 AT 7:01 PM

That's the Central Timer Module. It's a different name for a Body Computer. Controls door locks, seat belt tensioners, etc. Does the stuff we never needed a computer for years ago.

jackgtrs

March, 18, 2012 AT 7:03 PM

Correct, Where is it located? And what does it look like?

March, 18, 2012 AT 7:16 PM

Its the integrated power module you're looking for located at left side of engine compartment- sorry no picture available

caradiodoc

March, 18, 2012 AT 7:52 PM

If that idiotic, stupid, unnecessarily-complicated module is the one you want, it's built in as part of the under-hood fuse box. I worked on a friend's '06 that was crashed, and was really impressed with how they were able to take a bunch of simple, reliable circuits and add an unbelievable level of complexity to them. It greatly reinforced my resolve to keep my rusty trusty '88 Grand Caravan on the road.

March, 18, 2012 AT 8:03 PM

Doc, is it the IPM-can't find CTM-Mit1 won't give it up or it doesn't exist-going nuts here

caradiodoc

March, 18, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

Just called a friend who rebuilds only smashed Chrysler products and he said the Integrated Power Module I fixed for his '06 Truck is not the same as the Central Timer Module. The IPM is under and part of the under-hood fuse box, and as best as he can remember the the CTM is a black box right next to it. It used to be a 4" square silver box under the dash up through the '03 model year. That's the one I was familiar with. Starting in '04 they moved it to behind the left head light.

March, 18, 2012 AT 11:09 PM

Thanks for the heads-up-you have a nice day

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Fuel Pump Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V