I HAVE A 2006 DODGE CHARGER HEMI 5

• mirandanunley
  • 2006 Dodge Charger

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger Hemi 5.7 R/T, for the last couple of days I have been noticing a whining noise that is louder than usual. Last week (first morning that it was below freezing this year) when I went out to start my car to take my kids to school my car wouldnt start. My husband said he figured it was the battery or alternator going out and he jumped it. I didnt have any issues until this evening I was driving home and I lost all power. I called my husband he came to jump me and it wouldnt even charge at all. He went an bought a new battery and put it in, it immediately drained that battery. Now we have no clue what it could be any info would be greatly appreciated : )

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 AT 12:33 AM

• fixitmr

You say immediately meaning you never got it started with new battery? Have you taken said battery back to store for testing?

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 AT 12:49 AM
  • fixitmr

Alternators make whining noises especially under full load.

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 AT 12:50 AM