CHEVY

2006 Chevrolet SSR

sean03

September, 16, 2012 AT 8:06 PM

Hi I am finally coming back from the mayo clinic today. I am sitting in the car and a thought came to my head. How do you fill the new radiators up. I saw on my dads truck that their is no radiator cap. My uncle told me if the radiator ever goes that you have to jack the truck up on the passenger side almost to where it looks like it is going to tip over and that is how you fill it up. Do you fill the new cars up through the resivore. He told me a friend of his had to change the radiator out and it kept over heating after he changed the radiator. My uncle contacted a mechanic and this is what the mechanic told him to do. Is this true. Thanks for your time and help.

September, 16, 2012 AT 8:08 PM

The resivior is a pressurized unit. Fill through there. Run the car at 2500 rpm and watch the fluid level.

sean03

September, 16, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

Oh that makes more sense. It builds up pressure while you reve the engine and it pulls it through just like a vacuum. Thanks.

sean03

September, 16, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

Will this way keep bubbles from getting into it. My dad asked I said I will check. I know my brothers girlfriends 2003 chevy impala got a bubble in the system. Her dad didnt drain ir after he replaced the water pump. He filled it up and did not bleed the line and it had a bubble in it and her heat would not work. She took it to a shop and this was the problem. The shop had to bleed the system. Thanks.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement