ABS

2006 Chevrolet SSR

sean03

June, 27, 2012 AT 2:15 AM

I just replaced my throttle body tonight. It corrected all the problems I was having. When I came back it said service brake system. The abs light was on and a yellow light with a p on it. The brake system has not been bleed on it. It is a 2006 Chevy SSR. It has 100,000 miles on it. Could one of the sensors be dirty. What can I use to clean the sensor. Thanks.

June, 27, 2012 AT 2:16 AM

No, there is a code in the system. You need to have it pulled and post the code for us

sean03

June, 27, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

As soon as it came up last night I shut the truck off and it went away. I turned it on and it was gone. You know anybody that can check the brake code cheap. Or where I can buy the scanner cheap. Thanks.

saturntech9

June, 27, 2012 AT 3:27 PM

Heres a code reader that does engine live data abs abd air bag codes on some american cars. If your going to get it make sure it will work for yours.

sean03

June, 27, 2012 AT 3:33 PM

Ok. Thanks.

saturntech9

June, 27, 2012 AT 3:40 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for.

ABS Computer Replacement
Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement