I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN TALKING TO PEOPLE ON THIS ...

2006 Chevrolet SSR

sean03

May, 14, 2012 AT 8:39 PM

I have recently been talking to people on this site and they were very helpfull. When I start up my dads 2006 chevy ssr. It used to run at 750-1000rpm. I cleaned the filter and some other stuff. It droped itself to 500rpm which is good. When you start it up and let it run for 30 seconds and hit the gas it acts like it wants to die. Any idea I did get some codes that I shared with people. I will re post the codes. Here are the codesThe code P1682 ignition switch circuit could have been set from crqnking it without it starting and the battery voltage dropping too low. There is a bulletin for that code setting because of that condition. The P0300 is random missfire the P0443 is evap purge solenoid control circuit. The P0102 is mass air flow sensor performance. The P0102 can be caused by the same reason the P1682 can low battery voltage.I would have the battery tested make sure the alternator is charging properly also make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. Also have a back pressure test done to make sure you dont have a plugged cat. That could set a random missfire code the mass air flow code etc. Any idea why it would act like it wants to die. I think it may be the throttle body but I am not sure. Thanks.

May, 14, 2012 AT 9:42 PM

Clean the throttle body and idle air control valve and see what happens

sean03

May, 14, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

Where is the idle air control valve at. I know how to clean the throttle body. Just spray the cleaner on it let it sit for a few minutes and clean it off. Thanks.

May, 14, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

Look on the throttle body-sorry no exact location and no references to this vehicle

sean03

May, 14, 2012 AT 10:25 PM

Ok. I wanted you to know when my neighbor was helping me he pushed on a clip and it snapped in. It was on the throttle body. The only thing is when you push the gas it wants to die.

saturntech9

May, 14, 2012 AT 11:31 PM

They use a throttle actuator to open and close the throttle plate instead of a cable. So they dont need a idle air control valve to control idle. The throttle plate controls idle thru the computer. Thats why you cant find info on the idle air control valve.

sean03

May, 15, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

What should I do know. Thanks.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma